1. Hide this website
  2. Need Urgent Help?
Open site navigation menu


I need some advice on benefits.

It is important to make sure that you get all the help that you're entitled to.

These pages give you information and links to services and organisations who can help with benefits and tax credits if you are working or unemployed, sick or disabled, a parent, a young person, an older person or a veteran.

There is also information about council tax and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.

A list of benefits I might be entitled to?

A guide to the benefits you maybe entitled to.

What to do if you are in crisis beyond your control

Information on Lancashire County Council's crisis support scheme.

Benefits calculators

Use an independent benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get and how to apply.

Benefits for people with long-term ill health or a disability

You might be able to claim benefits if you have difficulty with everyday tasks or getting around, you can't work because you're sick or disabled or you're on a low income or you have no income at all.

Help filling in forms for claiming benefits

Get help to complete forms promptly, which will reduce stress and may help you get your money quicker.

Household Support Fund

The Household Fund is to assist residents most in need, in the Preston area, to help with significant rising living costs.