Refugee Employability Programme
Preparing refugees for work and life in England
The Refugee Employability Programme (REP) deliver this service for the Home Office, providing individual support and a learning plan from your own Case Manager, so you can improve your English and career skills.
The Refugee Employability Programme can help you for up to 18 months with:
- Learning English
- Work experience
- Accessing health services
- Skills and training
- Finding and staying in work
- Settling in.
How do I know if I can apply?
You can apply for the scheme if you are:
- A refugee
- Have indefinite leave to remain (known as settled status), or on the 5-year pathways to settled status
- Are unemployed
- Live in the North West
- Need extra support to find a job
- Have not used this service before
- And have come into the UK by one of the following routes:
- UK Resettlement Scheme
- Afghan Citizen Resettlement Scheme
- Afghan Relocations and Assistance Policy
- Refugee Family Reunion
- Granted Refugee Permission to Stay
- Arrived through the Mandate Resettlement Scheme or Community Sponsorship
- New Plan for Immigration
If you think you are eligible, visit the REP website and complete the online form.
You can also visit GOV.UK - Refugee Employability Programme for more information.