Support for Ukraine
We understand that many people want to help and show support for the people of Ukraine during this troubling time. There are several organisations who are helping in the humanitarian appeal and who would welcome any support you can give.
Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal
Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC)
The Disasters Emergency Committee is providing urgent humanitarian aid for families who are fleeing the conflict.
Your entire donation goes to charities, including the British Red Cross and Oxfam, who are on the borders where Ukrainians have fled - and on the front line in Ukraine itself. Your donation will help fund a wide range of vital support including:
- Providing food, first aid, clean water, shelter support, warm clothing, hygiene parcels and medicines
- Supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Supporting fire fighters and civil protection units
- Training people up in life-saving first aid
- Helping families stay in contact with each other
- Educating people on the risks of explosives
- Repairing vital infrastructure
- Helping to repair homes, healthcare centres, and community centres
The most important thing that anyone can do to help out in this crisis is to donate money.
The Red Cross says that cash donations are by far the quickest, safest and most direct way to help people in a humanitarian crisis. It doesn't matter how much you can afford to give - every single penny makes a difference.
The UK Government will match donations from the public pound-for-pound up to £20 million, meaning your support will go even further.
UNICEF is especially concerned for the safety and wellbeing of children who have become separated from their families, working round the clock to keep families safe.
Major charities are working to support Ukrainian people.
If you wish to donate money to support those efforts, please consider the appeals made by:
- Save the Children
- International Rescue Committee
- Caritas Ukraine
- World Jewish Relief
- Disasters Emergency Committee
Lancashire Refugee Integration Team
If you live in Lancashire and need support to bring Ukrainian relatives over to the United Kingdom, our Lancashire Refugee Integration Team will assist with access to free legal advice and ongoing support.
Please email: RITTeam@lancashire.gov.uk with your contact details and our team will be in touch within 24 hours.
Visit the gov.uk webpages for support for family members of British nationals in Ukraine, and Ukrainian nationals in Ukraine and the UK