You can also leave a voicemail out of hours and someone will get back in touch with you. Alternatively complete their online form.
About Lancashire Women
Lancashire Women are a leading charity, with an average of 8000 women accessing their services each year.
Lancashire Women empower women to live safer, happier and more positive lives. They offer support with:
- Mental health and wellbeing - 1 to 1 sessions and group sessions available
- Employment support
- Debt, benefits and money advice.
They also have a Justice and Safety team who work with women in the justice system or women who might face homelessness or domestic abuse.
Move forward into work with support from Lancashire Women
The Move Forward employment project which is funded by Preston Council, is where Lancashire Women are working with women aged 25 and over who are classed as economically inactive, (no current requirement to work or job seek) and held back by multiple barriers to employment, including:
- No or low skills / work experience
- Poor physical or mental health
- Caring responsibilities
- Lack of motivation, aspiration and trust
- Experience of criminality
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Experience of domestic violence
- Poor experience within the care system
- Benefit dependency
- Financial difficulties
- Social isolation or loneliness
Where Lancashire Women are based?
Lancashire Women have four venues in Accrington, Blackpool, Burnley and Blackburn.
They also offer group support (via Zoom) and outreach support at venues in Preston, Chorley, Colne, Lancaster, Morecambe and Rossendale.
How can you help Lancashire Women ?
There are lots of ways you can support Lancashire Women including, making a donation, fundraising and spreading the word via X - Lancashire Women, Facebook - Lancashire Women and Instagram - Lancashire Women.