The Foxton Centre
About The Foxton Centre
The Foxton Centre is a proud Preston charity and a strong community anchor.
From it's community base the Foxton Centre work with many people on the margins of city life who often face problems with poverty, addiction, and mental health issues, these include:
- rough sleepers
- street sex workers
- young people in the Avenham district
Through the Foxton Centre outreach work they identify rough sleepers and offer support, safety and resources.
The winter watch programme provide practical solutions to help people to move beyond their limitations, to learn, grow and flourish. These include:
- Community Cafe - where people can get a hot meal, shower, get warm and access help and resources.
- Housing First accommodation scheme - offers stable accommodation and has been designed to provide open-ended support to long-term and recurrently homeless people who have high support needs.
- Work experience and volunteering
- Day Centre - attempt to meet the practical needs that people have to make their life a little more bearable.
- Making every adult matter (MEAM) - the intention of MEAM is to support people trapped in a web of addiction, homelessness, offending, poor physical and mental health and place these people at the centre of their own support where they are listened to, understood and have their needs addressed.
Street Sex Workers
For over 20 years the Foxton Centre's Streetlink project has worked with Preston street sex workers.
The Streetlink project assist street sex workers - many of whom experience the same issues of homelessness, addiction, poverty and mental health.
The Foxton Centre tackle street violence, ensure sexual health and provide safe solutions to move forward in their lives.
Foxton Centre's youth clubs, ATR and Fox Kidz, meet regularly and the young people, supported by volunteers, have a crowd funded activity to regenerate a former local park space in Avenham as a community resource and safe space for young people and families.
The project also creates a sense of ownership for those involved.